Get your degree by playing games

Sunday, November 9, 2008

By: Katie Anthony

While browsing for a blog topic, (by randomly clicking links), on Poynter Online, I stumbled across a link for a board game entitled "The Be A Reporter Game." I was extremely intrigued, so I clicked on the link to see what I could find.

From that link, I was taken to News University, and given a brief overview of the game. Under the "What Will I Learn" section, this is what the game description is; "Be A Reporter, a game developed for an audience of all ages, helps users understand some of the basics: how journalists probe, clarify, verify and race against a deadline."

Along with this game there's also "Beat Basics and Beyond," "Math for Journalists," "Beyond the Inverted Pyramid: Creating Alternative Story Forms," and pretty much any other journalism course you can imagine.

Granted, these are both courses and games, but you're offered the same journalism degree if you get all of your online courses taken.

Cheaper, convenient, but just as effective as college courses?

I doubt it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP