Get the facts right

Monday, November 10, 2008

By: Kayla Miller

Once again, I was reading two different, online newspapers and found two articles that told me different statistics from a bombing in Baghdad.

From reading New York Times, I found the article titled Triple Blasts Kill 28 in Northern Baghdad. Well, that's interesting I suppose, until I reached another article of the same sort from the Wall Street Journal titled Twin Blasts Kill at Least 31 in Baghdad.

Now what the heck? Who is to believe? Twin bombings or triple? Twenty-eight people or 31? I mean, gee, the journalists already got it wrong in the title!

This reminds me of the time in class when we talked about how reporters needed the exact number of people killed in the plane crash. I guess now I understand why journalists need to get the facts straight. Especially when two articles telling the same story are spreading different facts.

One of these two journalists (or maybe even both), need to check into what really happened.

All I got to say is, "Get the facts right, people."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP