Stating it simple

Monday, November 10, 2008

By: Lexie Hagerty

When people talk about the future of journalim, the talk seems to go on and on.

However, I recently read a blog called "If I had three wishes, I'd ask for more wishes..." and thought it was an awesome, but simple blog about the future of journalism.

The author, Sarah Jappy, implied that the only way to save journalism if to rely on luck. Otherwise, it is a lost cause as far as salary goes.

"There is a pleasing symmetry to this unjustness: I have no laptop, so can’t get the job…I have no job, so can’t get the laptop. Catch 22, journalism stylee!" Jappy said at the end of her blog.

I love this line. She wrote her blog to point out what a large amount of money could do for the journalism industry and how without this large sum, the journalism industry could go downhill. This is due to the low salaries that journalists are paid.

This last line states it plain and simple that an increase of salary is the only way to save the industry. Otherwise, journalists aren't going to be able to afford their own job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP