Introductions...

Monday, August 25, 2008

By Hannah Pickett
Hello everyone, my name is Hannah Pickett and I am a junior at Simpson College, majoring in journalism and mass communications. I transferred to Simpson my sophomore year from Central College. I know that sounds terrible, but, the truth is that Central stopped carrying my major and I wanted to be closer to home. I am from Winterset, which is only about 25 minutes away from Indianola, so I commute to Simpson. I am the sports editor and main sports writer at the Winterset Madisonian newspaper. I have worked there since I was a sophomore in high school and have just gradually taken over. This is my fifth year working for the Madisonian. This past summer went by really fast for me. I nannied all day, worked at the paper at night, ran in the Race for the Cure, and spent time with my 8 month old maltese puppy, Berkley. When I graduate from Simpson, I hope to go into the broadcast journalism field, preferably as a reporter or anchor. I interned at WHO-Channel 13 over Mayterm and loved it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP