When easier becomes worse

Thursday, September 25, 2008

By: Lexie Hagerty

I have always wanted to be a writer. I wanted to write a novel or articles for a magazine, both of which would feel like accomplishments worth achieving. The idea of holding my first completed book in my hands would be umbelievable to me.

However, recently I have changed my mind due to the easy ways in which a work is published. I am glad that writers can blog, write articles, and even publish their books online; however, I truly think that it diminishes the whole sense of accomplishment because it is easy.

Yes, it is easier, but is it supposed to be? Some people would argue that it is about the quality of the information, not the way in which it is accessed, but I believe that the only true sense of accomplishment in writing would to hold my work in my hand.
In an article on 10,000 words.net, the writer said that it is easier to screw the system and put a work online rather than go through the normal routine of getting it published. I beg to differ. To me, the publishing world is becoming like a monetary unit in that the more that is produced, the less each individual link is worth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP