Here's what I know

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

By: Lexie Hagerty

Matt Haber wrote a blog in the Media Mob of The New York Observer about magazine retouches on political candidates like Sarah Palin and Barack Obama.

First, Newsweek published a close-up picture of Palin, revealing a small mustache.

Second, The Weekender is running an unretouched picture of a weird birthmark on Obama's face.

Why are these magazines revealing these small "imperfections?" Are they out against these candidates or are they trying to reveal everything about each candidate in order to keep things fair?

Either way, a birthmark or a mustache is not going to make my decision in this election. These issues, however, do remind me that not all things said and shown in the media are true. Even now, I am not sure if the mustache or the birthmark is real.

Once again, I don't know what to believe. So, I am going to stick to what I know is true about this campaign, which is very little.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP