Facebook ads are not going to work

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

By: Lexie Hagerty

An article in the Wall Street Journal reported that Facebook is trying to find new ways to get ads out to its users.

The article reported that the website hasn't been able to keep a steady revenue out of any of its advertisers. I can understand that Facebook would want a steady revunue, but I don't think any attempts to display ads more will help the website.

I am a Facebook user. I like the website because it doesn't have a lot of ads and its safe and efficient in providing communication between my friends and I.

I think a lot of users like how simple Facebook is. They like that they aren't bombarded with ads every twenty seconds like some websites are.

The way I see it, Facebook can try to add more room and opportunities for advertisers to get their brands out there, but Facebook users won't like it and begin looking for new ways to avoid the ads. This could be a bad move for Facebook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP