The New Smartphone at Verizon Wireless

Sunday, November 1, 2009


by Keri Waterhouse


The anticipated Google Android phone called the Droid is almost out for Verizon Wireless customers. The phone comes out November 6. This smartphone will cost $199 with a two-year contract.


This phone has a voice-activated search that lets users speak a query and the Google-powered search engine will deliver Web results or results from the device such as contacts, music, and photos. The voice search also works with the new turn-by-turn directions for Google Maps.

The new Droid is loaded with lots of cool Android apps and has access to the more than 10,000 applications available in the Android Market but it does not have many of Verizon's branded services. It has Android 2.0, a 5-megapixel camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS. It has a Webkit HTML 5 browser, and it's powered by a 550MHz processor and a 1,400mAh lithium ion battery offering 6.4 hours of continuous talk time and up to 11 days of standby time.

So many changes are happening in technology. What is going to be the point of a laptop now? I got a Blackberry this summer and I honestly have my life in that phone. I don’t know what I would do if I lost it. There are so many things that you can do with smartphones. Many people

don’t even know what all you can do with them. While they are more expensive, I think they’re worth it.

3 comments:

Michelle Marie November 1, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

I think with all the new smart phones that continue to come out multiple times a year to create competition with laptops as well as other technology. A smart phone seems a lot more convenient when you need something ASAP. I feel the same way, I don't know what I would do if I lost mine.

MalloryTandy November 1, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

I agree, soon there will be no point for a laptop. But I have to say I have Blackberry but still don't know everything I can do with it!

Amy Johnson November 3, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

I love my smart phone, and my life is also in it; but there are so many things that come with my phone that I don't even know what to do with or need. Sometimes I wonder if the smart phone is smarter than me.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP