This Just In: Radio to Improve in 2010

Sunday, December 6, 2009

By: Meghan Vosberg

2009 is officially the worst year for radio. Predictions show the total industry revenues at $13.3 billion at the end of the year- a 19 percent decrease from 2008. But the radio industry will improve in 2010 or at least halfway into the year.

2010 will slightly improve. Revenues will climb from 1.5 percent to $13.5billion. This is due to the large growth in revenues from online and mobile distribution. In order to reach the predicted 20 percent increase in 2010, radio groups must use new online and mobile platforms to sell advertisers on more than one level of channel campaigns.

3 comments:

MalloryTandy December 6, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

I personally hate when my mom has talk radio on in the car.

Amy Johnson December 7, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

I know when I'm traveling, I will have my iPod plugged in no matter how far I'm going. I hate listening to a radio that plays the same song over and over again. It gets old.

The News About The News December 7, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

I usually do the ipod thing too, except I'm totally relient on my gps so that usually takes the charger plug-in space instead. But even then mix cd's take the place of radio. :) -Meghan Vosberg

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP