News Sources Show Bias as O’Brien Battles NBC

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Msn recently ran an article detailing NBC's decision to remove Conan O'Brien from the late night time slot he has occupied for the last several months. O'Brien replaced comedian Jay Leno as the host of NBC's "Tonight Show," which has aired during an 11:35 p.m. time slot for 17 years. Leno was rescheduled to appear during prime time.

Since then, NBC decided to give Leno has time slot back, offering O'Brien the opportunity to do his show at an even later hour: 12:05 a.m. O'Brien refused and according to the article, will no longer be working for NBC.

Ironically, since news of this dissension reached the public, O'Brien's ratings have improved exponentially.

O'Brien and David Letterman have both used their shows to publicly take jabs at Leno and NBC. In contrast, NBC executives have spoken out praising Leno's character and villifying O'Brien's.

2 comments:

Cory Keasey January 19, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

See this is unfair to O'Brien. I mean it is not his fault that Leno show couldn't make it. Which it might be watched more if it wasn't five days a week, most shows are once a week and can easily get viewers. I am not a big watcher of the late night shows, but it seems unfair to make O'Brien the villian, because he is making jabs at Leno. I feel that they should keep O'Brien at his spot and put Leno further back. Stuff like this is risky to do and NBC knew this when scheduling this programming.

Anonymous,  January 23, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

I think the fact that they are moving Leno back up is ridiculous. I have never heard in my life someone say "I like watching Jay Leno's show." Yet, I hear all the time how much people love O'Brien. I think people like making fun of Leno, not watch his show. Also, where does this leave Fallon? I love watching late night shows, and my routine usually consists of watching Letterman then Fallon. I think Fallon has had an amazing start and I would hate for him to loose his job, especially because of Leno. Plus, the one person that I think people hate more than Leno, is Carson Daily, so why keep him? I hate to see O'Brien go, but this NBC drama has been quite entertaining.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP