Bad News For Bill O'Reilly

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Comedy Central kings are still sitting pretty on their thrones.


The political and media news shows that satirize and mock conservative political pundit programs such as Fox News's The O'Reilly Factor are here to stay. The Colbert Report and The Daily Show both just got their contracts extended on the comedy channel.

Stephen Colbert has hosted his own show, The Colbert Report, since October 2005. His show has been extended through "indecision 2012" and through the end of that year.

Jon Stewart, executive producer, writer, and host of The Daily Show, has gotten his contract extended through June 2013. He began hosting the show in 1999.

Between the two, they have been nominated for 47 Emmys and three Peabody awards.

All in all, Colbert and Stewart aren't going away any time soon.

4 comments:

Dana Lain April 20, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

I will always watch Jon Stewart. I'm glad he calls out the big news networks and people like Bill O'Reilly. I hope he never gets cancelled because I feel like I can get valid new information and still be entertained with Jon Stewart and The Daily Show.

Michelle Pohlad April 20, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

I love both shows, sometimes the best way to educate is to point out the silliness that goes on in Washington. Sometimes when I'm watching Jon Stewart he will point out something that has gone on that I'm unaware of and I feel compelled to go and research for myself. Teachers who use humor always engage students.

Leslie Hanson April 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

News media today seems to bring out the depressing story in everything. These two shows help make everyday stories funny, or put another twist to the story that makes it more interesting. I have to agree with Michelle, at times something is said on on the Daily Show that I hadn't heard of before. It makes me chuckle that I have to get the rest of the story.

Tyler Lloyd April 20, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

This is awesome. The American population seems to trust Jon Stewart more than other news sources and while I don't know why I can see why most Americans get their news from these shows. I'll admit I tend to be stuck in the sporting world but when I need to get some news these are the shows I watch because they can entertain you where as I turn on CNN and within ten seconds I'm off of it because of boredom.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP