Lil Wayne Blogs From Jail

Monday, April 5, 2010

Lil Wayne may be doing his time in jail but that doesn't mean his fans will not being hearing from him. Let's just say he doesn't want to be forgotten while he's gone.


The rapper launched a new Web site on Friday, April 2 WeezyThanxYou.com where he'll be able to connect with his fans by posting weekly updates, blogs about sports and respond to letters he's received from fans since he began his sentence last month.

In the first post, Wayne explains that he's been spending his days working out and reading the Bible.

The rapper also announced he will revive his popular ESPN blog, where in the past he opined on various sports. Next week's scheduled post will be on the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

Wayne also writes on more personal issues like his family. He also writes that he is doing well despite the rumors of altercations at Rikers Island.

In addition to the posts, the site features a clock that counts down how much time the rapper has until his release, which is currently 212 day. Fans will also be able to purchase a "Free Weezy" T-shirt and Tweet on blogs and posts.

"Weezy explained to me the idea behind WeezyThanxYou.com, which will basically serve as his gateway to the free world," said Civil in a statement to MTV News."'I wanted to do something for my fans, so they know I am still with them and that I love them very much'" Wayne said to Civil according to MTV News online.

3 comments:

Kari April 5, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

I am not sure how I feel about this. He is allowed access to the outside world...from prison. A place that is supposed to be used as a tool to teach minor criminals and punish severe criminals for their actions. Should he be allowed to make money while in prison? Inmates are often given inside jobs while they are incarcirated, but make a fraction of minimum wage. It is to be used for "other" items they may want/need. How much time does he get on a computer with access to the internet? Is he given special treatment?

Brian Steffen April 5, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Hey! I thought Lil Wayne was going to be playing Simpson... :)

Anonymous,  April 6, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

I think this is awesome. I'm a huge Weezey fan, and I got excited as soon as I heard about his blogging from jail on E! News, but I don't understand how he can do this. Aren't there rules about this? Shouldn't he not have any access to the internet? Nonetheless, I think it is an awesome gesture by him and I will most definitely read his blog.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP