Screw Fox, Conan Goes to TBS

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Conan O'Brein surprises us again. After months of speculation that he would go to Fox after giving his last episode of the Tonight Show on NBC, O'Brein has shocked us all and will be launching his new late night show on TBS.


"The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November!" O'Brien said on his Twitter feed. "The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."

Thought the exact date has not been set for the premier, it will begin airing in November.

"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I'm headed to basic cable," O'Brein said.

One odd thing about he show is that it will be airing four nights a week, Monday through Thursday, instead of five.

His new show will be at 11 at night and push George Lopez's Lopez Tonight back an hour.

"I can't think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as my lead-in," Lopez said. "It's the beginning of a new era in late-night comedy."

If O'Brein signed on with Fox, it was suspected that he would overtake his rival, Jay Leno, whose show is on NBC and cause O'Brein to bid farewell in the first place. Now that he is going to TBS, no one is quite sure what is to come of O'Brein or Leno.

1 comments:

Julia Robinson April 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

The best part about this blog: the title. It got my attention right away and I even had to double take. It grabs the readers attention, which is great for short blogs like these.

I also liked the way you presented the story. It was written in a conversational tone and had good quotes. Great blog post overall.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP