iPad Has Been A Big Hit For Apple

Tuesday, October 5, 2010


At first when the iPad premiered it seemed as just another novelty to have and people were unsure how many people would actually purchase the expensive electronic device. The iPad could hit in the top consumer electronic products within the next year.

According to the article below people are consuming the iPad more than the iPhone or near-ubiquitous DVD players. The iPad is continuing to grow it was not a huge hit right away like some other products made by Apple, but it is working its way up on the charts.

The iPad rates are about 4.5 million units per quarter. This is ahead of the 1 million units per quarter the original iPhone made when it was released and the 350,00 per quarter when the DVD players launched.

If this continues to be a popular consuming item the number could go up to 9 million per year business. Putting the iPad in the top five of largest consumer products placing it behind televisions and lap tops. And placing it in front of game systems. Along with these rising numbers it explains why companies like Samsung are wanting to incorporate touch screen into their products. It always is about being competitive. So I'm curious to see what Apple will make next!

2 comments:

Victoria Jones October 5, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

I've heard that the iPad is going to replace cellphones, laptops, and iPods. I'm not sure if I believe this rumor.

I have never tried an iPad nor do I have a real desire to get one. It just seems like a lot of money for something we don't need. I could be wrong but this is just how I see it.

taramaurer October 6, 2010 at 5:04 AM  

The iPad can be used as a cellphone? This is news to me. I can definitely see the iPad replacing the laptop for some consumers. However, the size of the iPad can't compete with the easy-to-carry cellphone.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP