No Opinions Please

Tuesday, March 22, 2011



Recently the Huffington Post hired a new contributor. What's the big deal you ask?





Radley Balko was hired because he's a liberatarian. The claim is this is because they are trying to be less liberal in their newspaper.





I really despise opinions on news stories. News should be unbiased and report just the facts.





It seems no matter what network or newspaper it is their opinion is front and center.





If someone goes to Fox News they know the news will have a conservative spin. Likewise if someone goes to CNN they know the news will have a liberal spin.





What do politics have to do with news? When reporting on the economy I'd rather hear about the issue not someone's take on the issue.





Politics may be a mess but journalists need to leave their opinion out of the news. Just the facts mam!



Photo Credit: Creative Commons



2 comments:

Unknown March 23, 2011 at 8:44 AM  

More and more news stories are based on opinions and this is probably one of the reason why people don't trust the news anymore. I like to have a general point of view about the news, not a biased one. For this I have to read different newspapers that talk about the same story, so I can make my own opinion.

Unknown March 23, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

I would rather hear the facts and develop my own opinion then believe someone else's opinion.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP