It's finally happening!

Monday, October 6, 2008

By: Katie Anthony

It's been seemingly obvious that since 9/11 news has become increasingly negative. Ever since my previous blog posting over this same topic, it seems that one would have to search for hours to find anything positive about what has recently been going on in the world today.

I, for one, have had more than my fair share of negative news. Thankfully again, I'm not the only one.

Yair Lapid, (noted as the Israeli man-of-all-media by Poynter's Online Alan Abbey) has taken it upon himself to start a column entitled "The News You Want."

Lapid wrote an article called "One Good Person." The article consisted of asking random people what something was that he or she did that was good for his or her community. The story ran, and regretfully, Lapid's community did not have positive feedback.

His community argued that this story was not relevant to his specific area of expertise purely because the article he wrote threw a positive spin on things versus a negative. The Israeli feeling about news according to Lapid is "was is more interesting than peace."

Considering the amount of conflict across the world today, I think it's past time to hear about peace.

I'd just like to take a minute to thank Mr. Lapid because reading his article gave me hope that, while there are negative attributes in society today that may seem to overpower the positive, they don't ALWAYS have to overpower the positive.

So, I'll hold on to my hope that, little by little, the media will start having some positive reports to match their negative ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP