Blogging your Way to Success

Tuesday, September 21, 2010



Recently, I have been dabbling in the idea of starting my own blog outside of Beginning Newswriting and Reporting class. However, a few questions arise:



What in the world am I supposed to write about? Who would want to read what I have to say? Do I have the qualifications to write a “real” blog? And, what about my time? Do I have enough?



Luckily for my fellow, future bloggers, I have the answers.



According to Nathan T. Wright of Lava Row, you can write about anything at all. Wright presented
"The Brand of You" at Simpson College tonight, in which he talked about making yourself a marketable brand. One area of branding Wright encouraged was blogging.



This means that if you're interested in writing a blog about sex and relationships like Glamour Magazine's blogger Erin Meanley- whose most recent article was entitled “Can We Please Discuss the Hotness That Was Last Night’s Dancing with the Stars?” -you can!



There are all types of readers around the world, so you shouldn’t ever worry about people not being interested in your blog.

And remember, anyone can write a blog. You just need to have the drive.



Don’t know how to get started? Here are some sites to help you out:

- Wordpress

- Tumblr

- And of course Blogger



Overall, they follow the same general set-up. You just have to find the one that is right for you.



As Wright said, “There is no barrier to entry.” You just need to have the will and the time (at least once a week) to get your blog going.

2 comments:

LogannRoberts September 21, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

I also have been contemplating the idea of starting my own, and was inspired by what Wright said tonight. It's awesome that people are becoming so successful by sharing their passions with others. I encourage anyone who can make the commitment to a blog to start now!

Victoria Jones September 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

Starting my own blog is an overwhelming thought. It's an excellent way to get your name out there. With so many people creating blogs about this that and everything we'll never be short of information. I really wish I could have made it to Nathan T. Wright's forum here at Simpson, I know he had very valuable information to share.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP