M.I.A. Dislikes Red Headed Reporters

Monday, September 20, 2010




In 2007 M.I.A. came out with her hit single Paper Planes only to loose her fans by creating a controversial music video. A New York Times reporter by the name of Lynn Hirschberg retaliated for redheads everywhere.

M.I.A.'s music Video "Born Free" was essentially a redhead genocide video with rock music playing in the background.

Lane wrote an article expressing her opinion about the video calling M.I.A. a ginger hater. M.I.A. retaliated by posting Lane's phone number to twitter. In an Interview Lane said she was not surprised that M.I.A. would do that.

2 comments:

Paul Salais September 21, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

I would have to say that this is unprofessional on M.I.A.'s part towards the reporter. If M.I.A. didn't want her music video to be reported on then she shouldn't have put it out there. As an artist or any celebrity you run the risk of getting publicity whether you want it or not.

taramaurer September 21, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

I watched the video, and I got a whole different impression of what M.I.A. made her music video about. In my opinion, it is a warning. Racism, sexism, etc. still exists today. Remember the Holocaust? I agree M.I.A could have handled this in a better manner, but I disagree with the reporter's view. M.I.A, in my opinion, isn't against redheads, she is trying to make a sort of public announcement with her video. She is telling people to be aware of hatred.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP