The Right Cue

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Creating a video blog can become challenging for many people based on how unnatural it feels. Fortunately, there is a new program that was recently created called CuePrompter.

The CuePrompter program is an online teleprompter that allows you to copy and paste your script into your computer. Once doing so, the Cueprompter takes over and allows you to feel like the television reporter you have always wanted to be.

The great thing about Cueprompter is that it gives more assistance to the user by letting you set your script and talking points. Doing so allows things to run smoother since it is on a teleprompter, rather than in essay format in a Word document.

Another beneficial aspect of the Cueprompter is that it allows you to control the speed of how fast the text scrolls across your screen. This can improve people’s speaking skills because it can help us slow down our pace if we speak too fast or speed up our pace if we speak too slow.

CuePrompter also allows you to pick the font, color and size. This will come in hand for those of you who have trouble seeing because it allows you to adjust it to your specific personal needs.

This program can also come into play for interviews, conference calls and any other situation that you need help speaking in front of people.

The best part about this is that it is free!

Photo Credit: Creativecommons

4 comments:

Ben Lucas April 12, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

This sounds like an amazingly useful tool to have in any kind of presentation. It doesn't seem like it would be that big of a help to practiced speakers though. It would probably best serve people learning how to talk in public, but I hope it isn't so good that those people would start to depend on it.

KatieSchober April 13, 2011 at 8:36 AM  

This is awesome! I still have finished my last video blog for our BNR class, so I think I may give this a shot! I'll let you know what I think if I do end up using it. Prompters can have some annoying effects on reporting, but for the most part I think they lead to more accuracy and a better flow of relevant information. Thanks for the tip, Nicole!

Maddie Boswell April 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM  

This is a really cool invention! I would love to try it in the future. Sometimes you can tell if people are using a teleprompter, but there are always benefits too. No doubt this would be much better than trying to keep track of what you are saying on a word document or hand written notes. Great info!

Katie Buchholz April 13, 2011 at 10:42 AM  

This is right up my alley! I am definitely going to try this out for fun, and I'm sure it will help me and others who want the experience with a prompter.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP