Stop The Nonsense!

Sunday, April 10, 2011


Think about the headlines you've seen recently. What were they about?


The goverment almost shutting down or an update on the troops? How about any celebrities-tattoos,weddings,babies and arrests?


What I've seen is a celebrity getting a new tattoo and I don't care. In the end that nonsense doesn't matter.


I have a sorority sister who is married to someone in the navy. She was worried about what would happen if her husband didn't get paid.


That is something newsworthy. It seems there is a large group of journalists out there who report on nonsense.


How many of us can say we know what was in the agreement late Friday night?

Yet we know about the lives of people on the Real Housewives franchise, Jersey Shore or the Teen Mom series.


Does that really matter? No. Journalists have the unique position to impact people's lives and instead of doing so positively the do this stupidly.


For any journalists and aspiring journalists out there please think about what you are going to report on, you can shape what people see, make it relevant.


Photo Credit: Hulu.com


6 comments:

Kimberly Kurimski April 11, 2011 at 1:49 PM  

I personally am not a fan of Jersey Shore, Teen Mom or The Real Housewives. I see no point in people watching these shows, but for some reason they do. Therefore, if the public is watching these shows it is news worthy. I know it's irritating hearing about them all the time, but it's news in today's life.

Kelsey Hagelberg April 11, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

I do not really watch any of these shows, but my friends do. They are pointless and it is really upsetting that we are paying these individuals for living life. They have no significant impact on us and quite frankly I don't understand why we care about them.

Nicole April 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

I occasionally find myself watching shows similar to these, but, I do not let it get to the point where I am clueless about what is going on with our country. Some people watch these shows as a "getaway" from stress or as a form of entertainment.

Alexa Smith April 12, 2011 at 9:54 PM  

Honestly I don't have a problem with people watching these shows to destress from their day, I do it. My problem is when people let this become the only knowledge of the world they have and ignore current events.

Tess Myer April 13, 2011 at 5:32 AM  

I feel the same way about these shows that have no point. I do watch them myself, but still feel a sense of sadness because we don't see a lot of coverage on people that are fighing in war. I think it may be more of where you get your news though, because I still do get quite a bit of news that doesn't necessarily deal with famous people.

Unknown April 13, 2011 at 9:33 AM  

People like to see sensational stories, excitment is something human being needs. of course it's sad to see that people are more interested in those shows rather that real news but the society made us Tabloids consumers.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP