Rebelling Against Establishment

Monday, October 31, 2011

Here is a prime example of a journalist going for what he deems 'newsworthy'; however, does it come at a cost?

Jason Mattera, who wrote an ambush interview on Vice President Biden, is the new subject around Washington.

"I don't really care what the Washington establishment says," says Mattera who is the editor of Human Events. "If they want to give me affirmation or condemnation, it doesn't matter to me. My audience is not D.C. It's to get it ricocheted around the country."

I find those very encouraging words, that you don't have to focus on the one area you are living at to have your audience, but to branch out and aim for people all around the world.

Picture: creativecommons.org
Article: poynter.org

1 comments:

Dylan Marie October 31, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

This correlates with my post. Journalists having opinion. I agree that the marketplace should be free of professional opinion, but it is important for them to speak as well. I do like that Mattera wants to get his word out to the people that not just in politics. I am a bit weary of his words tho, just for the fact that election time is coming up and politicians are great and speaking up during campaign time and forgetting these words when it comes down to it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP