Jon Stewart

Sunday, August 31, 2008

By Quinn Albrecht

When we filled out the information in class asking the question, Who do you feel is a newscaster, I read Jon Stewart and immediately laughed. I was thinking how can someone on Comedy Central be considered a news caster? I then talked it over with several people who think he is a news reporter. They brought up the idea that he gets millions of college age kids interested in the news.

With those conversations, I kind of laid that topic to rest. Then the next day we discussed the same idea in class. I still defended my theory that he has nothing to do with legitimate news reporting.

When it came time to start thinking about what to say in this blog post I though, what the heck, write about how he doesn't have a news reporting bone in his body. I then went to his web page and scanned around for a while. On his site he gives us the ability to watch clips of episodes, or even whole shows. The more I searched on his site the more I see that he could be considered a news caster. He gives a touch of humor to a situation that most college age students wouldn't even care to listen to. He makes the news fun and easy.

I still have one problem with Mr. Stewart, I can never tell if he is serious about something or if he is being sarcastic. He has this face that says, I am serious, at all times on this show. That makes me uneasy because he says some outlandish things, that are not true, but almost could be. I can be sort of gullible from time to time and I can make myself believe any of those random things he says.

His website makes him look more legitimate than the show on television does. Check out his site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP