Who is this Palin Chick?!?

Sunday, August 31, 2008

By: Christina Woldt


In St. Paul, MN at the Republican National Convention, John McCain announced his running mate for the Republican Presidential ticket. His choice was the famous, Sarah Palin from “Middle of nowhere, Alaska.” Has anyone heard of this girl? I sure haven’t and I’d like to think that I’m pretty caught up with my politics and political figures. So who is Governor Palin? Catching up on my daily news fix, I logged onto Nytimes.com and found out all about this wonderful woman. Palin is a mother of five, a social conservative, and "rose to prominence as a whistle-blower uncovering ethical misconduct in the state government.” Palin might have won over Alaska with her charm and hard-assness, but she’s now trying to charm a whole different crowd. Furthermore, Governor Palin knows as much about the World, Foreign policy, and National Security as we know about them and about Governor Palin herself. This does not have me feeling secure about our right-winged friends.

I wasn’t the only one surprised by McCain’s V.P. pick. "Fellow Democrats were considerably less welcoming, and most said they were flabbergasted by what they characterized as a desperate, cynical or dangerous choice, given Ms. Palin’s lack of any experience in national security." Democrats as well as Republicans were shocked by the news. The New York Times article by Michael Cooper and Elisabeth Bumiller reminded readers that, on his campaign trail McCain repeatedly stated that his, “running mate should have the qualifications to immediately step into the role of Commander in Chief.” Being McCain just turned the ripe age of 72; his Vice President may have to take over the Presidency before McCain’s term is over. Governor Palin isn’t the person I’d like to see take over when McCain’s time come.

But, maybe I’m being to critical and to prideful about my left-wing “celebrities” that are hanging out with Obama and all the cool young people. But, It seems like an easy victory for Obama now that the running mates have been chosen. Joe Biden has been at the forefront of politics for more than 20 years and this is his second time getting up close and personal with the presidency. Sarah Palin has only been up close and personal with Alaska, she has barely traveled outside of Alaska, the article by Cooper and Bumiller even added that Palin didn't get a passport until the age of 44 (her current age). Are you kidding? I like the rulers of my country to be pro-choice as well as cultured, and have at least traveled to more then three parts of the world.

There is so much more I could complain about but I need to spare myself the stress even though I really shouldn’t be stressed. I have no reason to be worried, I’m voting for the cool people remember? So, I don’t really care if McCain chose his running mate based on the “eye candy factor” and by the amount of things he can teach Palin about all of the things she should have known before deciding to potentially become the Vice President of the United States of America. Nope I don’t care because I’m rolling with Paris Hilton, Biden, Brittney Spears, Obama, and his pretty family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP