Keep on inspiring

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

By: Kayla Miller

Today, I was reading the Des Moines Register online, and a very inspiring story caught my eye.

An Indianola man has been working with his third-degree burns since he was 18 years old. He also lost the love of his life in his early 40s and lost movement in his left side from a stroke. But even so, he is known as a very optimistic man. Journalist Daniel Finney described him as a "kind of guy who could have an empty, cracked glass in the middle of a desert and believe beyond all doubt that his cup will soon runneth over." Just to know this, makes me want to read to the end. Readers are saying, "Feed me more news."

This man's life is inspirational to readers. The thing is, the article was sixty paragraphs long, and I read it to the very end because I wanted to, not because I had to. I very rarely read lengthy news stories. But this one was inspiring to me, it changed the way I felt when I read article.

Journalists know this. They put it in a way that we will love. They know that personal life stories bring in the readers, and especially since it is so close to the home, like this Indianola man. He made news happen, and was glad to share it in a positive way. And the journalists wrote it that way...

"Half-full. Always, half-full."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP